Today the internet is the first where place 85% of home buyers begin their search. And with all the helpful sites and agents it can be a little confusing. Here are some tips to help select an agent that will represent you in your real estate transactions.
- References from family, friends and business acquaintances are a helpful resource
- An agent’s experience over time helps develop their skills
- A meeting where asking questions of their work ethic and business philosophy is important
- Discussing the number of listings and sales an agent has handled will give you a glimpse into their knowledge
- Their designations, certifications and real estate memberships are important tools
- Do they have a marketing plan
- All homes need to put their best foot forward on the internet so professional pictures are essential
- If you sign-up for a listing with your potential broker what is the term and how long after the expiration are you committed to them
- Do they use a home stager and can they help you with making sure your home is camera plus visit ready
- How are appointments made with you to view your home
- How often do they keep in communication with you about the comments that prospective buyers had about your home. Also, will they inform you of statistics about the price of homes similar to yours that continue to close after you sign a listing contract.
- It’s confidence, confidence, confidence!
Information is always useful so, if you have questions about buying or selling a home in Armonk, Bedford, Chappaqua, Harrison, Pleasantville and the surrounding areas call me, cell 914 450 6566Renee S. Stengel Associate Real Estate Broker Houlihan Lawrence 399 Main Street Armonk, NY 10504 Licensed in New York State and the State of Connecticut Platinum, Gold, Silver Award Winner 2009 – 2014 Westchester Magazine Five Star Real Estate Agents Overall Satisfaction Award http://westchesterrealestatetalk.com/